Friday 5 September 2008

Just another blog for kicks

I have been toying with the idea of writing a blog for a while. I even got as far as creating the profile on blogger several times before, but somehow could never bring myself to actually publish anything - after all what do I really have to say and why would I put it online?

Frankly, I still don't have a good answer to either of those questions, but I feel like giving it a go regardless. That is why "Just another blog" seems to me the most appropriate title for this page.

I have a vague desire to publish some things
  • about the industry I work in (IT in the telecommunications world),
  • about the kind of work that I do (consultancy, analysis, design, project management and the like)
  • and about what interests me online (I must confess to having become slightly obsessed with podcasts, vodcasts and feeds of all kinds and most recently with www.ted.org, perhaps the most fantastic source of *consistently* interesting ideas out there).
It is , however, equally possible that I might end up writing about the trials of living as an englishman in Germany, or on my next holiday.

It is odd, but despite this being a theoretically public forum, it feels more like an opportunity to write for myself (indeed that is probably what it will be!) - something I always enjoyed doing as a child, but somehow I got out of the practice.

Well, we will see where this takes me. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to just another blog.

No comments: