Thursday 25 September 2008

At the risk of getting boring already.. TED is fantastic

Before leaving work earlier, a colleague stopped by my office ("my" and "office" are both exagerations given that I currently work at a pulpit on wheels in whatever office space I can find) and we got chatting about the world and, as I have often done over the last 12 months, I got on to the topic of TED.

It doesn't matter who I show the site to, it is always a delight to see their faces light up when I pick out just one or two presentations - this evening it was the classic presentation on the wii by Johnny Lee and Jonathan Harris' presentation of the website "we feel fine".

This second presentation is my personal favourite, Jonathan Harris' ability to create elegant user interfaces to simplify complex and aggregated data gives us a glimpse of what the internet is going to become and the ways we are able to interact with more complex information networks visually.

If you have not visited wefeelfine.org yet, then do so immediately..

And if you haven't visited TED, go there even quicker.

1 comment:

Ronaldo said...

Yes, ok, you are right. TED is fantastic! And yes, I'm one of those whose face lit up when you showed me a couple of the highlights...

Keep up the blog, definitely a great source for interesting topics.